Monday, April 7, 2008

Back in Paihia again!

I've come full circle now. I'm back in Paihia, working at a different hostel up here for my accomodation to save on the non-existant cash flow I have. It's time to chill out, do pretty much nothing but hang out by the beach and work on my tan!
Won't be long now and I'll be home, less than two weeks! I leave at 7ish pm from Auckland and arrive in Seattle 9:15 pm that same night. That's after a 6+ hour layover in LAX! Madness! I'll see if I can jump on a earlier flight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dain,

It has been fun talking about your trip with friends and anyone who will listen (folks on the plane, in line at Royal Fork Buffet, and the checkout at WalMart). You gotta love the International Date Line. If only you could sleep on the plane for 11 hours! Gee, LAX for six hours. It's like a dream come true! Not a good one, mind you, but a dream nonetheless.

Speaking of dreams, I watched Blade 2 (my first Blade movie) and it was pretty funny watching Mr. Snipes trying to look serious dusting the citizens of the vampire empire and their freakish genetic experiments. I was trying to think of who the vamps reminded me of but not even Washington residents are that pale. Close, but not quite. Although, if I were the casting director, I would have gone to Washington first!



Enjoy the chill time and find darned catamaran to sail in some breeze. I need a good sailing story or I'll curl up and die! If I had the space to store it, I would go snatch-up a Hobie 16 tomorrow. Alas, I'll have to wait until we buy our mansion or have the bucks to store an extra rig for infrequent but fun usage. Selling a half million books should do it!

This is going to be an exciting year for all of us.

Love, Dad