Saturday, February 16, 2008

Adventure Doesn't Stop!


It's been too long since I've sent a note along. It's hard to find time somehow, even though it's so chill around here...



Well, lets see. I wanted to leave Auckland and I did. I took a bus out of town, because you can't hitch in the city limits. I ended up heading to Weiwera where there was a big spa and a great view of the coast. I took some pictures there in the hot sun and started making my way back up to the main road to try my luck at catching a ride. Just before I got to the right side of the main highway it started raining, hard. It was an instant down pour and I had to try and fish my rain jacket (bottom of the bag of course) out of my bag and get the rain fly on my pack asap. I was instantly soaked but I had my thumb out and was on my way, an adventure indeed!





It took only about five minutes before a car pulled over and I hopped it. Turned out to be a french couple heading up the coast and they felt sorry for me walking in the middle of no where in the pouring rain. They were awesome and we ended up going for about an hour before camping at a remote beach for the night. We had some brew, some wine and played rummy! The guy, Max, brought out a digeridoo (sp?) and played for a while, I got a great video of him doing it.







The next day they took me all the way to the Bay of Islands! They even went a little out of there way to drop me off. They didn't stay long, the area is pretty touristy and that wasn't there scene. I had made it to the Bay of Islands, and none the worse for wear!








Picture Captions:
Top is in Weiwera. 10 mintues later fat rainstorm!!
Next is in the car of the country side. It's amazingly green, more so than even Washington!
Next is the ocean view from where we camped south of the Bay of Islands.
Next is a sunset that night where we camped
Last is french Max and his girlfriend. They gave me the ride all the way up to the Bay of Islands where this picture was taken.

No comments: