Saturday, February 16, 2008

First day in the Bay of Islands!




The first night was pretty much a blur. Once I got in Pahia I looked around a bit at the hostels for where I was going to stay. I ended up choosing the Pipi patch. I went down to the beach to look around and saw a guy playing soccer, so i joined him for a while, was good to kick a ball around. When I went back to the hostel I saw some more people kicking a ball around and joined them too. We ended up playing basketball ball too, it looked like they all had never played before, so foreign to them (them being a bunch of English guys and girls).

The sun was out and hot so we went to the bar in the hostel and got a round. I'm such a cheapskate so I couldn't be bothered with just getting a sinle pint, pitchers (or Jugs as they call them) are cheaper. We ended up playing Ring of fire, which is basically our Kings but with way better game rules, it was awesome! I must have drank 4 pitchers that night had got the worst dirty pint, which was about 4-5 different shots and some beer and coke. International rules meant I had to drink it out of a straw! Got a video of it even. The rest of the night was a blur but good fun.
Captions: From Left to Right
First: the Crew I met and played Ring of Fire with
Next: The evil "dirty pint"
Next: Aled spilled part of the dirty pint on his foot! He had to lick his sandal and buy 3 more shots for it!
Last: The crew in the bar later that night.
The next nights are anymore tame! More on them later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you made the trip without any harm. I'm up in Vail this week on a vacation of my own. You need to go on a hike or something, get out of the drinking atmosphere for a bit.

Stay safe.

Anonymous said...

Dainer: Sharon and I checking in fro9m Palm Springs. Perfect temperature here, around 70. Did some rock climbing this morning. Much easier than Oahu! You would love it!

Like Tim, also glad to see you are getting around all right. Sounds like you have a good reason to love the French. Thanks for posting the great pics and continue to enjoy the many sights sounds and relationships being laid upon your plate.

Love Dad and Shari-mom

Unknown said...

Looks AMAZING! How are ya washing your clothes? or perhaps you arnt.hehe
I look forward to reading/seeing more! Hugs

-Bell