Saturday, February 23, 2008

Update


Wow, I don't know where to begin! I'm still in Piahia in top of the north island and I love it! I just can't be bothered to leave! I've been working for my room so I save $26 dollars a day and get some nice perks! I just have to make the beds and vacuum each morning for 2 and half hours. I get a free meal once in a while at night too. Because I've gotten in good with the crew here they help me out with things I need. I lost my swim trunks in auckland and another pair of shorts so the lady that runs the show got me 2 pair of really nice board shots and a towel!
I haven't really done anything hiking yet, but I got a sweet deal on a tour tomorrow where we go all day, do sandboarding on the dune, see the cape where the taz sea and pacific ocean meet, going canoing, fishing and cooking the fish over a fire, as well as hiking and a camp over. Normally $165, only $95 because I'm working here! I'll be sure and get lots of pictures from the trip!


Every night has been a blast pretty much. From partying on the beach and listening to other people rocking homemade songs to dance parties in the street drinking box wine. A guy named Phil and I even created the ultimate guess who drinking game! Which turned into strip guess who later in the night.
Been playing soccer when I can, swimming a lot and getting good and tan! It's so relaxed and so many good poeple everywhere! I'll try and post more pictures, but it's hard, the computer is slow and internet is spendy and I'm trying to conserve funds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dain-ga!
Sounds like you are having an amazing time! I love reading your blogs...brings me back to my travel days. And that is sweet they are letting you work there to stay free!! Miss ya!
-Jessica Ray